What is Beemgee?
Beemgee is software dedicated to helping authors and storytellers develop narrative material. The software works in your browser (even offline) and helps you outline your plot and work out the dramatic function of your characters within the story.
The web-app is divided into a suite of three interconnected tools all accessible in each project, whether FREE or PREMIUM.
In the PLOT-outliner, you use organise cards that stand for plot events on a timeline that you arrange into the narrative as well as the chronological order. You then enrich these plot event cards with information about, for instance, the characters that take part in each event, recurring motifs, point of view, etc. Using the HIGHLIGHT function, you can then see their distribution in the overall narrative. FILTER selected cards to isolate, for example, a single storyline.
The CHARACTER-developer SINGLE view takes you through a series of questions designed to help you find the dramatic function of your main characters in the story. The tool focuses on dramaturgically relevant aspects of character development.
See the complete character sheet in the PREMIUM feature DETAIL VIEW.
Compare and edit your answers in the MULTI view in order to heighten contrast, which is the best way of finding the conflict in your story. And you don’t need us to tell you that story thrives on conflict.
The STEP OUTLINE feature is designed to give you a complete textual breakdown of your plot. It shows you the DESCRIPTION texts for each plot event card in the narrative order.
The standard functions of our storytelling tools are free, and you don’t even need to register to create a FREE project.
With a PREMIUM account, you can keep as many projects as you like and you benefit from a host of special features and functions that will help you make your stories great. Premium benefits:
- Considerably more plot attributes with which to enrich your plot events (storylines, motifs, point of view, writing progress, etc.)
- PREMIUM character questions, for example on archetypes, the relationship status with other characters, change, dimensions, etc.
- DETAIL VIEWS of characters and plot events.
- DETAIL VIEW of your step outline, including any and all plot information you have attributed to your events.
- STORY questions, concerning for example your theme, central conflict and the logline.
- Export PDFs of your plot and more.
We are continually updating the software, adding functions and improving usability. Since we are web-based, you don’t need to install any updates in order to benefit from them.
Beemgee – it’s your story.
Read about the software’s functions and features. To try it, click here: